Filmography | Article | Awards
| Bibliography |
Downloads | News |
Links | Image Credits |
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
Margaret O'Brien : A Career Chronicle and Biography by Allan R.
Ellenberger with forwards by Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien (Jefferson,
N.C.: McFarland & Company, 2000).
My diary by Margaret O'Brien; with drawings by the author and
a foreword by Lionel Barrymore (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1948).
- The Great Movie Stars 1: The Golden Years by
David Shipman (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1995).
- Hollywood Kids : Child Stars of the Silver Screen from 1903 to the Present by Thomas G. Aylesworth (New York: Dutton, 1987).
- Great Child Stars by James Robert Parish (New
York: Ace Books, 1976).
- The MGM Stock Company: The Golden Era by James Robert Parish and Ronald L. Bowers (New Rochelle, NY: Arlington House, 1973).
The Books/ Plays of her Films:
- Journey for Margaret by William Lindsay White
(New York: Harcourt, Brace, 1941).
- Madame Curie by Eve Curie (1937).
- Jane Eyre : an autobiography by Charlotte Brontė
(London : Smith, Elder, 1847).
- Meet Me in St. Louis by Sally Benson (New York
City: Random House, 1942).
- Lord Arthur Savile's crime & other stories by
Oscar Wilde (London : J.R. Osgood, McIlvaine and Co., 1891).
(inspiration for THE CANTERVILLE GHOST)
- For Our Vines Have Tender Grapes by George Victor
Martin (New York: 1940).
- "Three wise fools; a comedy in three acts." by Austin
Strong (New York: French, 1923).
- Little Women, Or, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy by
Louisa May Alcott (Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1868).
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Heller with a Gun by Louis L'Amour (Gold Medal,
(inspiration for HELLER IN PINK TIGHTS)
|For more information about locating any of the above
books, visit this page: Classic Movie
- "Margaret O'Brien." Baseline Celebrity
- "Margaret O'Brien." Contemporary Theatre, Film
and Television (1998).
- "Margaret O'Brien." The Complete Marquis Who's
Who Biographies (1997).
- Vigoda, Arlene. "Long Wait Ends." USA
Today (8 February 1995): 1D.
- Golden, Eve. "The Journeys of Margaret O'Brien." Classic Images
n.218 (August 1993).
- "The kids." Screen Greats 1.2 (Summer
- "Where are they now?" Newsweek
September 1967): 20.
- O'Brien, G. "I hope Margaret marries at 18."
Silver Screen 21.4 (February 1951): 30.
- "Kind of clothes she likes." Good Housekeeping
n.127 (August 1948): 10.
- "Wins honorary award in Companion poll of favorite
stars." Woman's Home Companion n.73 (June 1946): 8.
- Hall, G. "Mrs. O'Brien's daughter."
Silver Screen 15.10 (August 1945): 46.
- "The Remarkable Miss O'Brien." Lion's Roar
4.1 (February 1945).
- "...and kisses from Miss O'Brien." Lion's Roar
4.1 (February 1945).
- "My Christmas Wish." Photoplay n.26
(January 1945): 47.
- "Miss O'Brien of Hollywood." Cue 14.4 (27
January 1945): 9.
- Agee, J. "The vividness of her acting in 'Meet Me
in St. Louis'." The Nation n.159 (25 November 1944): 670.
- Markel, Helen. "She Might Be Your Child: Margaret
O'Brien is completely natural. That's why she captivates the movie-goer."
The New York Times Magazine (1 October 1944): 16, 40.
- "You can't cuddle medals." Lion's Roar 3.4
(July 1944): supplement.
- Lennart, I. "Truth, the whole truth."
Lion's Roar 3.2 (January 1944).
- "F-U-N spells work." Lion's Roar 3.2
- "Pigs don't fly." Lion's Roar 2.5 (July
- "Baby Bernhardt." Lion's Roar 2.3
- Photoplay n.28 (January 1946): 50.
Return to the
Margaret O'Brien main page.